Senior/patrolling members (>15 years)
Fees: ~ Nippers adults, general and associate members $45
Active members (patrolling) $35
You will need to fill out a membership form online http://portal.sls.com.au and possibly a working with children declaration.
Training is provided for the awards, (Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion) for you to be able to start patrolling. We also provide training for more advanced awards (such as the Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate) as experience is gained.
Basic uniforms (shorts, shirt, skull cap) are provided for all patrolling members.
Junior/Nippers members (5-16 years)
Fees: One parent in each family must join the Surf Club, membership prices as follows:
- 1 Adult + 1 Child $75.00
- 1 Adult + 2 Children $105.00
- 1 Adult + 3 or more Children (capped) $130.00
- 1 Adult $45.00 (non patrolling members are to select associate member category)
Uniforms: Children must wear a club cap at all surf club activities, and Club rash top or fluro vest, when entering the water. Club caps, rash-tops, hats and swimmers can be purchased from the club. Some second hand clothing available.
To join nippers, you will need to complete the following:
- Fill out Membership Form online.
- Download and complete the Working with Children declaration Form. (You will need to do this online. You will then need to take a copy to your local RTA to have your identity verified). We understand this is a lengthy process but it is a legal requirement. Fact sheet can be found at http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check/volunteers-and-students
- So that your child to be put into the correct age group bring along their birth certificate. This can be brought along to registration or sent to either Jan or Kevin depending on age of child.